We’re looking to fill two new roles on First Round’s Investment Team
First Round is a seed-stage venture capital firm on a mission to build and serve the world’s strongest community of entrepreneurs. Along the way, we’ve been fortunate to partner with transformative companies like Uber, Roblox, Square, and Notion, helping incredible founders tackle company-building firsts.
We’re looking to add two new Investors to our team — one based in San Francisco, and one based in New York. These two new roles will bring a set of industry expertise to our investment team. It’s a unique opportunity to be a trusted voice as the founding team weighs investment opportunities in each of these spaces:
- Investor (Technical): Based in SF, this role will focus on surfacing the next generation of startups in the data, developer tools and machine-learning space.
- Investor (Healthcare): Based in NYC, this role will focus on the healthcare space, including innovative care models, digital health infrastructure and novel platforms for drug development and discovery.
More details on each of these roles below. Please apply here if you’re interested.
INVESTOR (TECHNICAL), SAN FRANCISCO:
As a technical Investor for First Round, your responsibilities will include:
- Helping us to source, evaluate, and win investments in technical companies focused on data, developer tools, and machine learning.
- Working closely with the rest of the First Round team to educate us on and round out our understanding of cutting-edge trends in these areas.
- Partnering with the founders of our community companies to help drive strategic initiatives through working sessions and board meetings.
You could be a great technical Investor at First Round if:
- You are passionate about technology and startups broadly, and engineering, data science, and machine learning specifically.
- You are product-oriented. You don’t need to be a PM, but you can solve problems with a product lens and help us nail the different ‘jobs-to-be-done’ for early-stage founders.
- You have startup experience. You’ve worked at fast-growing startups helping to build and scale impactful products.
INVESTOR (HEALTHCARE), NEW YORK:
As a healthcare Investor for First Round, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with two of our investment partners to help discover, evaluate, and win investments in the tech-enabled healthcare space.
- Building out investment theses in healthcare. Working closely with the rest of the First Round team you’ll be pushing our thinking on cutting-edge trends in healthcare.
- Partnering with the healthcare founders in our community to help drive strategic initiatives through working sessions and board meetings.
- Engaging healthcare operators, experts and practitioners already within the First Round ecosystem while also extending our network with your community-building efforts.
You could be a great healthcare Investor at First Round if:
- You are grounded in best practices of medicine and the ins and outs of the US healthcare system. Perhaps you studied medicine or worked within a healthcare organization at scale.
- You are versed in the incentives and motivations of different players at a systems level (providers, payors, pharma, government).
- You are drawn to new ideas in healthcare. You’re a creative thinker who likes to imagine the possibilities of how healthcare can improve and what products, software and services can enable that.
- You’ve been exposed to healthcare startups and disruptive ideas through your full-time job experience or academic work.
- You are comfortable working independently while also integrating your work into a team approach.
- You are enthusiastic to support founders in achieving their vision, helping connect them with resources and introductions to accelerate their impact.
HERE’S WHAT DRIVES THE FIRST ROUND TEAM:
Across all roles at First Round, we value resourcefulness, diversity, excellence and hustle. To give you a sense of what our team is all about, check out our values that guide our work:
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.