We’re Hiring our First-Ever GM for First Round’s Angel Track
By: Brett Berson
We launched our first Angel Track cohort nearly four years ago with the aim to help emerging angel investors increase their odds of success. We hoped to address a gap we spotted by fusing together the magic of community and knowledge sharing to build the strongest network of angel investors out there. Since then, we’ve welcomed over 240 incredible founders and operators who hail from companies like Stripe, Carbon Health, Square, Amazon, Shopify, Webflow, Instacart and Zoom. And their angel investments are equally as impressive, including startups like Figma, Notion, Cameo, Clubhouse, Airbase, Tonal, Linear, Scale, Calm, Descript, and dozens of other headline-grabbing companies.
After eight Angel Track cohorts, it’s clear that this isn’t just a short crash course or little experiment. After a cohort ends, folks stay in touch through sharing investment opportunities and co-investing — and we’ve added more follow-on events and sessions for continued learning. It’s been thrilling to see Angel Track leaving a mark on folks’ careers — from alums scouting for other funds, to full-time investor roles (including two of our own partners, Todd Jackson and Meka Asonye), to the solo/rolling fund route. We believe Angel Track really has become the best place to start and scale your angel investing practice.
We’ve tinkered quite a bit with the program over the years, including switching from in-person sessions in SF & NY to expanding nationwide with remote sessions. We also recently retooled the curriculum to best reflect how the angel investing landscape has evolved since we first started the program in 2018. But the aim of Angel Track continues to be creating the best place in the world for current and aspiring angel investors to learn, grow and have more impact.
We’re now ready to raise the ambitions of Angel Track — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for a General Manager who is excited to take Angel Track to new heights. Your core role as the GM of Angel Track will include:
- Inventing the future. We’ve built Angel Track over the last 3+ years, but we’re just getting started. The core of the role is to invent and execute the future of Angel Track.
- Running the core program. You’ll be responsible for running the core and alumni program. That’s everything from talent selection to programming. We currently run Angel Track three times per year.
- Building & sustaining the community. Angel Track focuses on both education and community. You’ll bring the community together during and after the program ends.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- You are an entrepreneur at heart. This role is all about taking Angel Track to new heights. You can find a solution to problems and then execute it end to end.
- You are product-oriented. You don’t need to be a PM, but you can solve problems with a product lens and help us nail the different ‘jobs-to-be-done’ for emerging angel investors.
- You have startup experience. You’ve worked at a fast-growing startup or have worked in the service of startups.
- You are excited about angel investing. You don’t necessarily need to be an angel investor, but you should be excited about the concept of backing the next wave of entrepreneurs.
- You enjoy building communities. You’re passionate about supporting startups and bringing this community of folks together.
At First Round, we value resourcefulness, diversity, excellence and hustle. To give you a sense of what First Round is all about, check out our values that guide our work:
- We serve entrepreneurs. We owe them our unvarnished opinion and unwavering support.
- We honor quality. The little things matter. High standards and attention to the craft are valued here.
- We favor action and think long-term. We decide and execute with urgency today. We define success with the long-term in mind.
- We cherish diversity and inclusion. The strongest communities around the world are diverse and inclusive. We work hard to make sure ours is, too.
- We do things our own way. We choose to be original and find unique, creative solutions to our biggest problems.
- We have fun. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.